Let's Talk Eating Disorder: Identifying, Diagnosing & Exploring Treatment Options Symposium is organized by Eating Recovery Center (ERC) and will be held on Jul 11, 2019 at O'Malley's On the Green, Anchorage, Alaska, United States of America. This CE Conference has been approved for a maximum of 4 credit hours.
This presentation reviews the etiology and epidemiology of eating disorders as well as the different types of eating disorders and common medical complications associated with them. This presentation will also review how the medical provider can screen for eating disorders and the workup that should be done. Finally, the presentation will review the levels of care for the treatment of eating disorders and how to identify which level of care the patient needs.
• Discuss the epidemiology and etiology as well as typical clinical presentation of eating disorders.
• Review and be able to diagnose eating disorders using the DSM 5 criteria.
• Discuss referral options and additional resources for this patient population.
• Define eating disorders, looking at diagnoses and common comorbidities.
• Identify the biopsychosocial factors that play into the development of an eating disorder.
• Differentiate what treatment is available and when to refer a patient to a higher level of care for
• Understand the theoretical model and supporting research base of exposure and response
prevention, and how exposure-based interventions can be applied to Binge Eating Disorder.
• Learn how to incorporate client-driven values, client willingness and treatment plan goals
appropriately plan and pace exposures over the course of treatment.
• Learn how to assist clients in generalizing gains made from exposure work to their lives.
|Contact No. :||1-877-711-1878
Conference Fee Details
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|