Helicobacter Pylori Update Conference is organized by MENA Conference and will be held on Feb 15, 2019 at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 7 CME Hours.
• General Practitioners
• Family Physicians/ Internist
• Governmental and Non-Governmental
• Infection Control Officials
• Researchers and Other Professionals Interested in the Treatment of Helicobacter Pylori
• General Surgeons
• Family Medicine
• Medical and Surgical Residents
• Medical Students
• Allied Healthcare professionals
• interested in the topic
Helicobacter Pylori infection is one of the most common worldwide infections and still leads to significant medical problems including peptic ulcer disease, functional dyspepsia and gastric cancer and MALT lymphoma worldwide in the 21st century. Helicobacter Pylori is defined as a Class 1 carcinogen by the World Health Organization and does not always cause symptoms, so people may carry it without knowing they have the infection. Diagnosing Helicobacter Pylori can be challenging, and treatment is complex involving multiple antibiotics taken for weeks.
The program will emphasize the importance of appropriate screening, early diagnosis of Helicobacter Pylori infection and effective cutting-edge treatment in successful eradication of the infection. The program will also emphasize the importance of antibiotic resistance rates, patient medical compliance with treatment and follow up, and the role of Helicobacter Pylori in unexplained iron deficiency anemia, and idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura.
Emerging therapeutic areas such as the intestinal microbiome and the use of adjunctive therapies such as probiotics will be discussed. The role of traditional medications such as honey and black seed as well as newer products such blueberry and grape seed extracts will be discussed.
Most importantly this conference will provide practicing physicians and health care workers with a unique opportunity to network with their peers and keep abreast of the latest updates in Helicobacter Pylori.
• Why is Helicobacter Pylori Relevant today?
• Helicobacter Pylori - Epidemiology and Global Burden of Disease
• Helicobacter in the Gulf - A snapshot
• Helicobacter Pylori and Dyspepsia
• Helicobacter Pylori and Peptic Ulcer Disease
• Helicobacter Pylori and Gastric Cancer
• Helicobacter Pylori and MALT lymphoma
• Helicobacter Pylori and Gastric Atrophy
• What is the best way to diagnose Helicobacter Pylori?
• Is Test and Treat a Useful treatment Strategy?
• Does Helicobacter Pylori protect against GERD and asthma?
• Helicobacter Pylori - What are the principles behind treatment strategies?
• The role of acid suppression in treating Helicobacter Pylori
• What is the role of Probiotics in treatment of Helicobacter Pylori
• What other adjunctive therapies can be used in treating Helicobacter Pylori?
• What about retreatment? How does reinfection occur in Helicobacter Pylori?
• When should children be treated for Helicobacter Pylori?
• Global Guidelines for Helicobacter Pylori
• Helicobacter Pylori from a primary care perspective
• Helicobacter Pylori from a public health perspective
• Identify natural history of H pylori infection
• Highlight the importance of H. pylori screening and select the most appropriate diagnostic test for specific patients
• Review the common indications for H. Pylori testing
• Discuss the current H Pylori treatment options
• Evaluate patterns of antibiotics resistance in H. Pylori
• Discuss clinical consequences
• Address the management of treatment failures
• Describe the impact of antibiotic resistance on H. pylori eradication
• Realize the link between H. pylori associated conditions
• Discuss prevention programs
• Evaluate the role of traditional medications
• Discuss the role of prebiotics and probiotics in treating H. Pylor
Time: 07:30 to 17:30
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Doctors Conference Fee||14 Feb,2019||AED 500.00|
|Non Doctors Conference Fee||14 Feb,2019||AED 300.00|