Enrolled Nurses - Acute Care Conference is organized by Ausmed Education Pty Ltd and will be held from Nov 21 - 22, 2019 at Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Need for Program:
Rapid changes in health care, including technology, have resulted in a steep rise in the acuity of patients across all clinical settings. People who may have once been cared for in a high-dependency setting are now routinely cared for on general wards. As new knowledge emerges at frightening speeds and some previous practices are now seen to be outdated, being well-informed is an imperative for enrolled nurses who care for patients requiring acute care. There is a timely need for formal education that provides enrolled nurses with key clinical updates on a range of acute care topics.
Purpose of Program:
The purpose of this program is to provide enrolled nurses with key clinical updates on a range of acute care topics and, thereby, to improve outcomes for patients with increasingly complex conditions.
Have you observed changes in the level of acuity of the patients in your care? Are you looking to build your confidence and learn more about how to care for people with more complex clinical conditions? If you feel under pressure to continually extend your scope of practice and broaden your nursing knowledge of acute care topics, then attend this conference to keep up-to-date. Topics include:
• How to recognise the early signs of deterioration following surgery
• Orthopaedic emergencies explained
• Performing a mental status examination on a person with acute psychosis
• Avoiding medication-associated anaphylaxis
• Managing metabolic emergencies
• Understand acute asthma attacks and much, much more …
At the conclusion of this program it is expected that the participants will be able to:
• Implement and evaluate care that reflects best-available nursing evidence, so that safe and quality care is provided.
• Apply knowledge of common post-operative complications to identify, prevent, and manage a patient who is deteriorating.
• Respond timely to changes in a patient’s condition with appropriate assessment within your scope of practice.
• Provide preventative action for people with health risks to avoid acute illness.
|Contact No. :||(03) 9326 8101
33 107 354 441
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Two Days Course Fee||20 Nov,2019||AUD 610.00|
|One Day Course Fee||20 Nov,2019||AUD 460.00|