Dealing With Disability - a Medical-Legal Approach is organized by Continuing Education, Inc and will be held from Jan 06 - 13, 2019 at MS Freedom of the Seas, San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Attorneys. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits and 8 Contact Hours.
Conference Objectives are :
• Disability Management.
○ Review the various claim stakeholders-claimant, doctor, insurer, employer.
○ Identify causes of delayed recovery.
○ Identify primary, secondary and tertiary stages of prevention.
○ Focus on the key communication that is necessary to prevent injuries and delays in rehabilitation.
○ Methods are introduced to partner with your medical providers to achieve better outcomes.
• Introduction to the AMA Guides.
○ Identify proper reference standards to impairment.
○ Know the differences between impairment and disability.
○ Gain a selective knowledge of impairments for different organ systems.
• Disease and Injury Causation.
○ Understand general causation principles.
○ Review causation as it applies to multiple Internal Medicine systems with an emphasis on Cardiology.
○ Recognize how some conditions could have an industrial component.
• Work Ability and Return to Work.
○ Identify the types and sources of mixed messages sent to patients.
○ Be able to articulate the negative health consequences of being placed out of work.
○ Review specialty society statements on the return to work process.
○ Know the generalized health benefits of working.
○ Understand what are Risk, Capacity and Tolerance.
• Comprehensive Cardiovascular Evaluation.
○ Identify proper testing for cardiovascular evaluation.
○ Compare the results of diagnoses and testing with recommended impairment evaluation.
○ Review the traditional and non-traditional risk factors for cardiovascular conditions.
○ Raise awareness of the impacts of stress on cardiovascular outcomes.
• Psychometric Questionnaires.
○ Psychological issues related to workers relationship to the employer, co-workers, or family can have a profoundly complicating effect on return to work.
○ Learn about questionnaire based techniques to identify these subtle and complex psychosocial issues.
○ The participant will walk away with useful questions, their interpretation and be able to implement a more structured approach in their office to patients with pain and injury claims.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy||05 Jan,2019||USD 695.00|
|Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners Fee||05 Jan,2019||USD 425.00|
|Nurses, Residents, Students||05 Jan,2019||USD 325.00|