Childhood Apraxia of Speech: The Kaufman K-SLP Methods and Behavioral Strategies To Build Successful Vocal Communication is organized by Northern Speech Services (NSS) and will be held on Dec 06, 2019 at Irvine Marriott, Irvine, California, United States Of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 0.6 ASHA CEUs.
Speech-language pathologists, ABA technicians, special education teachers, and parents of children with apraxia. The focus will be children ages 2-8 years with apraxia of speech and/or other speech sound disorders.
• This clinical presentation will focus on evaluation and treatment strategies for Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS) using the Kaufman Speech to Language Protocol (K-SLP) methods. It will include defining CAS, establishing motivation, using reinforcement, implementing and fading cues, and scripting functional expressive language. It will also include implementing the principles of motor learning for practice schedules and how to move from the acquisition stage to the retention stage of learning to be an effective vocal communicator.
• The methods, strategies, and techniques presented in this program follow the most current research in CAS and will provide clinicians with the information they need to help children with CAS progress from a simple core vocabulary to phrases and eventually to sentences and conversational speech. In addition, treatment videos will be used to enhance the learning experience.
• Understand and analyze a norm-referenced, standardized test which relates directly to this approach in order to identify this unique population of children.
• Use evaluation information to establish goals for single words and phrases.
• Implement a specific treatment approach using phonological processes to simplify the motor plans for CAS.
• Provide five lists of single words to target in therapy.
• List principles of motor learning for the acquisition vs. the retention stages of learning.
• Explain the importance of mixing and varying tasks/blocked vs. random practice.
|Contact No. :||888-337-3866
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Individual - Early Fee||23 Nov,2019||USD 199.00|
|Group of 2+ - Early Fee||23 Nov,2019||USD 179.00|
|Group of 5+ - Early Fee||23 Nov,2019||USD 159.00|
|Individual - Regular Fee||05 Dec,2019||USD 219.00|
|Group of 2+ - Regular Fee||05 Dec,2019||USD 199.00|
|Group of 5+ - Regular Fee||05 Dec,2019||USD 179.00|