Cardiac Care: ECG Interpretation Made Easy Seminar is organized by Ausmed Education Pty Ltd and will be held from Feb 11 - 12, 2019 at Ibis Brisbane, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
The target audience for this medical event is Nurses, Cardiologists. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 11.00 CPD Hours.
Does your work require you to perform 12-lead ECGs? Do you feel confident in interpreting basic cardiac rhythms and recognising ECG changes? Is it time you had a refresher on the use of ECGs? If so, then these two highly evaluated study days are for you. This seminar will bring you up-to-date and refresh your knowledge of this key component of a cardiac assessment. It includes:
• How to prepare a patient for a 12-lead ECG
• The correct lead placement and why it matters
• A review of relevant anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology that are key to cardiac function
• Basic interpretation of a standard 12-lead ECG
• How to recognise ECG changes that suggest acute cardiac injury
• What life-threatening arrhythmias look like and the actions you should take
Need for Program:
ECGs are a vital aspect of a cardiac assessment and are expected to be widely performed in most clinical settings. However, this skill is often seen as difficult to master. Correctly placing the leads is vital to ensuring a high-quality diagnostic standard 12-lead ECG is taken. Nurses also need to have basic knowledge of how to interpret a 12-lead ECG, particularly the ability to recognise ECG changes that may indicate acute cardiac injury or life-threatening arrhythmias and are likely to require immediate interventions.
Purpose of Program:
The purpose of this seminar is to provide all nurses with an opportunity to learn how to perform and interpret a high-quality diagnostic standard 12-lead ECG as part of an overall cardiac assessment.
• Apply an understanding of normal cardiac function and electrophysiology to a cardiac assessment
• Discuss the nursing actions required for patient preparation and the recording of a diagnostic standard 12-lead ECG
• Apply basic principles of cardiac rhythm analysis to a rhythm strip and correctly identify normal and abnormal cardiac rhythms
• Recognise life-threatening arrhythmias and acute ECG changes and initiate timely nursing management actions
|Contact No. :||(03) 9326 8101
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Two Days Course Fee||10 Feb,2019||AUD 540.00|
|One Day Course Fee||10 Feb,2019||AUD 410.00|