Breast Biopsy: Stereotactic and Ultrasound Guidance is organized by Medical Technology Management Institute (MTMI) and will be held from Jun 21 - 22, 2019 at Mammotome, Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America.
This course is useful for professionals involved in women’s imaging services including radiologists, physicians, technologists, mammographers, sonographers, breast biopsy coordinators, breast health clinicians, nurses and medical imaging managers.
The Medical Technology Management Institute is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical Technology Management Institute designates this live activity for a maximum of 16.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
ASRT Category A:
This program provides 8.5 hours of Category A continuing education credit for radiologic technologists approved by ASRT and recognized by the ARRT and various licensure states. Category A credit is also recognized by CAMRT’s Continuing Education Credit Approval Program for CE credit in Canada. You must attend the entire program to receive your certificate of completion.
This credit designation is for each day.
• 8.5 hours of credit for each day.
• Biennium CE Credits: 8.5
• Structured Education / CQR Credits: 8
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP# 16205 for 8 contact hours.
This credit designation is for each day.
Stereotactic and ultrasound breast biopsy are used to obtain pathologic information from mammographic areas of suspicion. When a mass, microcalcifications, or area of abnormal tissue change exist; stereotactic and ultrasound breast biopsy offers a minimally invasive alternative to open surgical biopsy, often before a mass develops.
This course offers the attendee the opportunity to learn the basics, as well as the tricks of the trade, from experienced instructors with multi-vendor competence. Our instructors are excited and willing to share this knowledge to help bridge the gaps in training, so that intelligent performance becomes your daily mode of operation. Supervised simulation and hands-on training with phantoms, live-models, and biopsy devices make this course refreshingly unique.
Critical thinking becomes possible once attendees develop an understanding of why and how these procedures are done rather than “this is how we have always done it”. In addition to covering quality assurance and patient documentation, the two day course reviews the ACR and ASBrS accreditation requirements and fulfills the credits required for accreditation.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Explain and provide an overview of biopsy options for detection of breast cancer.
• Discuss the differences in biopsy needles and stereo tables.
• Clarify the difference between polar and Cartesian coordinate systems.
• Describe the components of the stereo images and how they work together.
• Demonstrate the importance of needle position in correlation to the area of interest in stereotactic breast biopsy procedures.
• Formulate problem solving skills when faced with difficult scenarios in breast biopsy techniques.
• Demonstrate proper patient positioning for stereotactic biopsy procedures.
• Review the importance of QA , ACR and ASBrS requirements to help improve patient care and daily maintenance of your center.
• Review breast ultrasound algorithm and terminology.
• Review ultrasound and mammographic correlation
• Demonstrate how to use ultrasound equipment and minimally invasive techniques to accomplish ultrasound guided breast biopsy procedures.
• Discuss the importance of accurate tissue samples for the most precise diagnosis
• Identify high quality tissue and why it leads to high quality diagnosis.
• Explain artifacts that can lead to inconclusive results.
|Contact No. :||262-352-3480
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physician | Both Days Early Fee||30 May,2019||USD 1055.00|
|Physician | Both Days Standard Fee||20 Jun,2019||USD 1100.00|
|Physician | Single Day Early Fee||30 May,2019||USD 535.00|
|Physician | Single Day Standard Fee||20 Jun,2019||USD 575.00|
|Technologist | Both Days Early Fee||30 May,2019||USD 800.00|
|Technologist | Both Days Standard Fee||20 Jun,2019||USD 845.00|
|Technologist | Single day Early Fee||30 May,2019||USD 435.00|
|Technologist | Single day Standard Fee||20 Jun,2019||USD 475.00|
|Physician | Both Days Member Early Fee||30 May,2019||USD 1030.00|
|Physician | Both Days Member Standard Fee||20 Jun,2019||USD 1075.00|
|Physician | Single Day Member Early Fee||30 May,2019||USD 515.00|
|Physician | Single Day Member Standard Fee||20 Jun,2019||USD 555.00|
|Technologist | Both Days Member Early Fee||30 May,2019||USD 775.00|
|Technologist | Both Days Member Standard Fee||20 Jun,2019||USD 820.00|
|Technologist | Single Day Member Early Fee||30 May,2019||USD 415.00|
|Technologist | Single Day Member Standard Fee||20 Jun,2019||USD 455.00|