American College of Cardiology (ACC) 68th Annual Scientific Session and Expo is organized by American College of Cardiology (ACC) and will be held from Mar 16 - 18, 2019 at New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America.
The American College of Cardiology Foundation (ACCF) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The ACCF designates this live activity for a maximum of 28 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 28 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC) External CME Credit
ACC.19 will be accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC) for 20 hours of External CME credits. Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC) have recognized each other's accreditation systems as substantially equivalent. Apply for credit through the post-course evaluation.
The American College of Cardiology Foundation (ACCF) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (ANCC Provider Number 0019).
The ACCF designates this educational activity for a maximum of 28 continuing nursing education contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Despite tremendous advances in recent years, cardiovascular disease (CVD) remains the leading cause of death throughout the world. While ongoing research seeks to further improve outcomes in several areas of CVD, numerous well-defined, evidence-based practices face struggles with implementation.
It is imperative that every member of the cardiovascular team play their role(s) to address these practice gaps and optimize cardiovascular care. Therefore, in this era of rapid transformation, education is essential to update clinicians on the latest science and advances in CVD, facilitate uptake of evolving best practices, and promote practical solutions that support the entire care team.
ACC.19 will provide an engaging and empowering educational environment that offers a contemporary environmental scan, state-of-the-art updates, expert perspectives on challenging clinical decisions, and tools to help clinicians navigate real-world challenges with the collective goal of improving outcomes for patients with cardiovascular disease.
• To provide a stimulating environment for information sharing of new knowledge, presentation of research, networking and collaboration with a goal of improving cardiovascular disease management for all patients
• To facilitate translation of cardiovascular science to all members of the care team leading to high-quality, patient-centered care
• To allow for examination and discussion of important contributions and controversies in cardiovascular care
• To integrate traditional and novel educational techniques and create an interactive and informative learning environment
• To promote cardiovascular science and education to a global audience
Conference Objectives are:
• Acute and Stable Ischemic Heart Disease
• Arrhythmias and Clinical EP
• Congenital Heart Disease
• Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathy
• Invasive CV Angiography and Intervention
• Non-Invasive Imaging
• Pulmonary Hypertension and Venous Thromboembolic Disease
• Valvular Heart Disease
• Vascular Medicine
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.