2019 American Association of Endocrine Surgeons (AAES) 40th Annual Meeting is organized by The American Association of Endocrine Surgeons (AAES) and will be held from Apr 07 - 09, 2019 at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, Santa Monica, California, united States of America.
Advanced Endocrine Surgery Course
Participate in an engaging, realistic setting while an international, multi-disciplinary panel of experts highlights the nuances of complex decision making. Panelists will be unaware of the real-life clinical scenarios presented which creates a more practical approach and lends itself well to learning objectives of practicing surgeons with a special interest in thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal disease.
Course Objectives are:
• Select the appropriate therapies for benign thyroid disease
• Describe changes in ATA classification for nodules requiring surgery
• Discuss different approaches to surgery for patients with differentiated thyroid cancer
• Review complications of neck surgery and appropriate management
• Explore prerequisite labs and genetic testing for patients with MTC and poorly differentiated cancers
• Review surgical strategies for advanced cancers
• Identify appropriate radiologic studies for diagnosis of primary hyperparathyroidism
• Explore diagnostic/therapeutic options for persistent/recurrent primary hyperparathyroidism
• Recognize nuances in diagnosis/treatment for secondary and tertiary hyperparathyroidism
• Discuss operative decision making for re-operative parathyroid surgery
• Review diagnosis and surgical treatment for parathyroid cancer
• Describe key lab work necessary to evaluate for functional tumors
• Differentiate between various imaging modalities to assess adrenal nodules
• Discuss different surgical approaches for adrenal nodules
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Copyrights © 2023 eMedEvents Corporation, All Rights Reserved.