A Practical Guide to Effective Nurse Prescribing for Pain is organized by Healthcare (HC) - UK Conferences and will be held on Mar 18, 2019 at De Vere West One Conference Centre, London, England, United Kingdom.
This important national conference provides an essential update for current and aspiring nurse prescribers on prescribing for pain. Pain is a growing area of nurse prescribing and one of the most common areas, in a survey of the Association for Prescribers members 50% of members prescribed for pain (Karen Stenner, University of Surrey). This make it essential that nurse prescribers maintain the competence and skills to prescribe for pain in an effective way, working with patients to improve pain outcomes.
A 20% discount is available by quoting ref: hcuk20emed when booking. (*Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Full T&Cs available upon request.)
This conference will enable you to:
• Network with colleagues who are working to improving non medical prescribing for pain
• Learn from outstanding practice in management of pain
• Develop your skills in pain assessment
• Learn how to use the National Prescribing Competency Framework as proposed by the NMC
• Understand how to effectively develop, demonstrate and maintain continued competence in Prescribing for Pain
• Reflect on lessons from experts in non medical prescribing for specific case study areas with in depth interactive sessions focusing on
○ Pain Assessment
○ Chronic Pain
○ Inpatient Pain
○ Pain in the Older Person
○ Cancer and End of Life Care Pain including Symptom Control
○ Working with patients with co-morbidity
• Identify key strategies for improving non medical prescribing practice for pain
• Develop your role and confidence as a non medical prescriber
• Self assess, reflect and expand your skills in prescribing practice whilst understanding your limits of practice.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|NHS, Social Care and Private Healthcare Organisations and Universities Fee||17 Mar,2019||GBP 438.00|
|Voluntary sector and charities Fee||17 Mar,2019||GBP 360.00|
|Commercial organisations Fee||17 Mar,2019||GBP 594.00|