The 5th Annual Congress on Controversies in Ophthalmology: Asia-Australia (COPHy AA) is organized by ComtecMed and will be held from Feb 22 - 23, 2019 at Pudong Shangri-La, Shanghai, China.
The great success of previous COPHy Congresses held in various countries in Europe paved the way for this regionally- orientated COPHy Congress – called COPHy AA – which has triumphantly taken place previously in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (2015), Bangkok, Thailand (2016), Seoul, South Korea (2017) and most recently in Manila, Philippines (2018).
COPHy AA will be devoted to evidence-based debates and discussions amongst session moderators, speakers and the audience, all of whom will examine and analyze the most relevant and controversial issues raised during the course of 2018 and 2019 within the field of ophthalmology. This educational Congress will continue to discuss controversies in Anterior Segment, Glaucoma, and Retina, as well as other areas of ophthalmology, such as neuro-ophthalmology, ocular imaging, and uveitis.
Topics will include the treatment of retinal diseases such as age-related macular degeneration and diabetic macular edema, the role of anti-VEGF agents versus panretinal photocoagulation in the management of proliferative diabetic retinopathy, polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy, pathologic myopia, the current management of corneal diseases with the use of advanced technologies for corneal transplants, advances in ophthalmic imaging as well as novel medical and surgical glaucoma issues.
Allowing ample time for speaker-audience discussion, the Congress aims at reaching up-to-date recommendations to ongoing debates even when data remain limited, through evidence-based medicine, including expert opinion. Participants will have the opportunity to take part in this vibrant meeting which will facilitate discussions on the shared experiences and opinions of leading local and international experts.
The 5th COPHy AA Congress will emphasize issues related to the region in terms of diagnostics, distinctive responses to treatments and typical complications. Many of the Faculty members will be local in order to discuss these typical regional problems.
Aims of the Congress:
• To promote excellence in the field of ophthalmology
• To provide an effective forum for discussing and debating unsolved regional issues by allowing ample time for speakers/audience discussion
• To promulgate ethics and standards of practice and treatment in the Asian-Australian region
• To bridge gaps between expansion of basic science and information, and their consolidation into clinical practice
• To make it possible for the industry to meet with outstanding regional experts in the field, and to update regional participants on pressing clinical and technological questions today
Why to Attend?
• Demonstrate your company’s leadership in the field of ophthalmology
• Reach key thought leaders, academic and industry researchers, and clinicians from throughout the region
• Raise your company’s visibility in the region
• Exhibit and distribute your marketing and promotional materials
• Convene a corporate symposium
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Participants - Physicians and Scientists Early Fee||10 Jan,2019||EUR 430.00|
|Participants - Physicians and Scientists Late Fee||12 Feb,2019||EUR 520.00|
|Participants - Physicians and Scientists Onsite Fee||22 Feb,2019||EUR 570.00|
|Trainees, Nurses, Students Early Fee||10 Jan,2019||EUR 330.00|
|Trainees, Nurses, Students Late Fee||12 Feb,2019||EUR 400.00|
|Trainees, Nurses, Students Onsite Fee||22 Feb,2019||EUR 440.00|
|Physicians and Scientists from Surrounding Countries Early Fee||10 Jan,2019||EUR 300.00|
|Physicians and Scientists from Surrounding Countries Late Fee||12 Feb,2019||EUR 365.00|
|Physicians and Scientists from Surrounding Countries Onsite Fee||22 Feb,2019||EUR 400.00|
|Trainees, Nurses, Students from Surrounding Countries Early Fee||10 Jan,2019||EUR 230.00|
|Trainees, Nurses, Students from Surrounding Countries Late Fee||12 Feb,2019||EUR 280.00|
|Trainees, Nurses, Students from Surrounding Countries Onsite Fee||22 Feb,2019||EUR 310.00|
|Chinese Participants- Physicians and Scientists Daily Registration Fee||21 Feb,2019||EUR 140.00|
|Chinese Participants- Physicians and Scientists Full Registration Fee||21 Feb,2019||EUR 190.00|
|Chinese Trainees, Nurses and Students Fee||21 Feb,2019||EUR 120.00|