59th Annual Health Law & Legal Medicine: The Old, the New, and the Now, in conjunction with the
12th Annual Ethical & Legal Aspects of Dentistry Conference is organized by American College of Legal Medicine (ACLM) and will be held from Feb 21 - 24, 2019 at Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 21 AMA PRA Category I Credits.
Physicians, dentists, attorneys and educators who practice in the health care industry and its related fields recognize that the practice of medicine is complicated by abundant legislative requirements, administrative rules and regulations and Federal/ State court decisions interpreting those laws. It is difficult to maintain a working knowledge of these developments. This meeting will provide details of new legislation, rules and court decisions, societal changes and shifts in the marketplace that will impact the practice of medicine, special and vulnerable populations in particular. Key changes impacting the practice of medicine and law during the past one to two years include: fraud investigations against health professionals, the ethical and legal issues of individuals with traumatic brain injury, the push delivery of care models that emphasize quality and safety within multidisciplinary teams, challenges to the Affordable Care Act, issues with vaccinations and personal exemptions, and individuals with mental health problems in front of civil and criminal courts.
This Conference will focus on topics related to the intersection of health law and vulnerable/special populations. By the conclusion of this meeting, participants should be able to:
• Describe recent legislative and court opinions affecting medical and dental practice.
• Integrate medical and legal ethics into their daily practice.
• Identify techniques for overcoming personal impediments to a fulfilling professional practice.
• Explain legal and ethical challenges of dealing with vulnerable and special populations.
• Translate the impact of globalization on public health, epidemics and the use of police power to enforce quarantines and mandate vaccinations.
• Integrate new regulatory changes into current practice.
• Identify the advantages and disadvantages of Medicare/ Medicaid fraud enforcement.
• Explain the legal issues affecting adolescents refusing medical care or accessing certain medical services on their own.
• Describe dental and legal issues involved in today’s health care.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Toll free Number
Sonography +2 More
Contact Hours 5
Contact Hours 4