4th Masterclass in Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Related Diseases Conference is organized by MENA Conference, Advanced Center for Daycare Surgery (ACDS) and will be held from Apr 25 - 26, 2019 at Hotel Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 14 CME Hours.
Who Should Attend:
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of practicing physicians and other healthcare professionals interested in learning the latest information on diseases specific to Gastroenterology and Hepatology, including:
• General Surgeons
• General Practitioners
• Family Medicine
• Medical and Surgical
• Trainees & GI Endoscopy
• Medical Students
• And Allied Healthcare professionals interested in the topic
The main theme of the conference is “Exploring New Dimension of Gastroenterology & Related Specialties” this year event anticipates more than 500 participants around the region with thought provoking keynote lectures, updates of multiple topics, plenary sessions, oral presentations, poster presentations and expert review and discussion on the hottest topics in GI medicine and related diseases.
The conference is designed to meet the needs of Gastroenterologists, Hepatologists and other related specialties and physicians-in-training who wish to expand the understanding and increase knowledge of GI medicine.
The two days event will bring together the foremost thought leaders and experts in Gastroenterology & Hepatology and related specialties from the UAE, the region and all over the world to present data on multiple topics, including inflammatory bowel disease, colorectal neoplasia, General GI, Esophageal, motility, nutrition, pancreaticobiliary disorders, endoscopy and hepatology.
Controversies in diagnosis and management will be analyzed in discussions and breakout sessions. Complex endoscopy cases and cutting-edge technology will be presented by expert endoscopists in a video forum.
Moreover, an important feature of this conference is its case panel discussions. One of our frequent challenges is making practical use of knowledge. Therefore, the program format will include case presentation discussion sessions with a multidisciplinary panel of experts from medical, endoscopic and surgical disciplines, discussing diagnostic and management controversies. Among areas of focus for these panels will be gastrointestinal bleeding, gastroesophageal reflux disease, acute and chronic diarrhea, inflammatory bowel disease, esophageal disorders, gastrointestinal neoplasia, motility and liver disease, including liver transplantation, hepatitis, pancreatitis, malignancy such as colorectal cancer, and many others.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
• Recognize typical clinical presentations of various etiologies of abdominal pain (peptic ulcer disease, cholecystitis, pancreatitis, bowel obstruction, etc.)
• Identify and distinguish features of various forms of hepatitis
• Describe an appropriate evaluation of abnormal liver function tests
• Define typical and atypical features of gastroesophageal reflux disease and identify complications
• Describe the evaluation of dysphagia Realize the importance of H. pylori and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in GI pathology
• Differentiate upper and lower gastrointestinal bleeding and describe appropriate management strategies
• Describe the basic causes of diarrhea and outline an appropriate work-up for both acute and chronic diarrhea
• Recognize irritable bowel syndrome and outline an appropriately limited work-up
• Realize the role of endoscopy for both screening and therapeutic purposes
• Recognize GI manifestations of systemic illness (vasculitis, CREST, neuroendocrine tumors, adrenal insuffiency, diabetes mellitus, etc.)
Time: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||+971565033749
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Doctors Late and Onsite Fee||25 Apr,2019||AED 1000.00|
|Non-Doctors Late and Onsite Fee||25 Apr,2019||AED 700.00|