31st Annual Pan Philadelphia Neurosurgery Conference: The Future of Neurosurgery is Now is organized by Sidney Kimmel Medical College (SKMC) and will be held on Dec 06, 2019 at The Union League of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America.
This course is designed for all specialists working in neurosurgery: practicing physicians, nurses, fellows and residents.
• 5.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
• 5.50 Attendance
Co-directed by three area Neurosurgical Training Programs: the Perelman School of Medicine at University of Pennsylvania, Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, and the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, this year’s symposium will be devoted to the following theme: The Future of Neurosurgery is Now.
Four keynote addresses by Ziya L. Gokaslan, MD, FAANS, FACS, Guy M. McKhann II, MD, Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa, MD, and Gregory J. Zipfel, MD will carry forward the theme by discussing challenges and current controversies in spine, functional neurosurgery, neuro-oncology, and neurovascular surgery. Panel discussions on the futures of these four areas will be explored. Each panel will examine how advances in these disciplines can significantly impact neurosurgical practice.
Additionally, a resident research competition will provide an analytical review of current research endeavors.
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Review the history of spinal neoplasms and understand advances in surgical approaches to spinal oncology.
• Examine the gender differences in the presentation and development of brain cancer in men and women.
• Design customized, multi-modal treatment approaches for the male and female brain cancer patient.
• Identify presenting symptoms and systemic treatment options for patients with dural arteriovenous fistula and assess the challenges associated with the treatment of this disease.
• Detail the current controversies and future directions in spinal surgery, neuro-oncology, neurovascular surgery, and functional neurosurgery and examine the challenges associated in each area.
• Assess their individual practice in light of the information and discussions during the course, and identify specific strategies to implement as part of a continuing improvement process for their practices.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Contact No. :||215-955-9116|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Practicing Physician Fee||04 Dec,2019||USD 300.00|
|Other Healthcare Professional Fee||04 Dec,2019||USD 200.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news