2nd International Conference on Non Communicable Diseases (ICNCD): Prevention and Control of NCD is organized by Global Academic Research Institute (GARI) and will be held on Feb 22, 2019 at Galle Face Hotel, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
NCD or non-communicable disease is a disease that is not infectious and cannot be transferred to others. Some of these are diseases that progress slowly or cause chronic symptoms while others progress very rapidly. The World Health Organization estimates that NCDs are the leading cause of death worldwide, accounting for 60 percent of deaths in all humans. Some risk factors of non-communicable diseases include the environment, lifestyle or background such as the genetics, age, exposure to air pollution or gender of a person. Some behaviors such as a lack of physical activity, poor diet or smoking which could lead to obesity or hypertension can also increase the risk of developing some non-communicable diseases.
• Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) kill 38 million people each year.
• Almost three quarters of NCD deaths - 28 million - occur in low- and middle-income countries.
• Sixteen million NCD deaths occur before the age of 70; 82% of these "premature" deaths occurred in low- and middle-income countries.
• Cardiovascular diseases account for most NCD deaths, or 17.5 million people annually, followed by cancers (8.2 million), respiratory diseases (4 million), and diabetes (1.5 million).
• These 4 groups of diseases account for 82% of all NCD deaths.
• Tobacco use, physical inactivity, the harmful use of alcohol and unhealthy diets all increase the risk of dying from an NCD.
• Cancer (Lung Cancer/Skin Cancer)
• Cardiovascular disease
• Chronic kidney disease
• Heart Disease
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||+94773940838
December 31, 2018
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Delegate (Listener) For Foreign Participant Fee||21 Feb,2019||USD 230.00|
|Delegates (Presenter) For Foreign Participant Fee||21 Feb,2019||USD 290.00|
|Student / Virtual Delegate For Foreign Participant Fee||21 Feb,2019||USD 250.00|
Colombo, Colombo, Sri Lanka 00300,
+94 112 550 660
27 Ramakrishna Rd,
Colombo, Colombo, Sri Lanka ,
+94 112 058 392