Update on Endocarditis and Endovascular Infections
Update on Endocarditis and Endovascular Infections is organized by European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) and will be held during Mar 20 - 23, 2018 at University Hospital Munster, Munster, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. The target audience for this medical event is infectious diseases specialists, clinical microbiologists, intensive care doctors and other specialties interested in all aspects of intravascular infections.
To provide to postgraduate microbiologists and infectious disease physicians an updated overview of:
• the pathogenesis of intravascular infections including infective endocarditis (IE) and cardiovascular implantable
• electronic device (CIED) infections caused especially by staphylococci and some other pathogens (e.g. Coxiella burnetii)
• improvement of diagnostic clinical and microbiological procedures
• the best imaging techniques for IE and bloodstream infections
• optimized antimicrobial therapy
• antibiotic prophylaxis for IE
• choosing the right animal model for research
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.