United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) Diagnostic Cytopathology 2018
United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) Diagnostic Cytopathology is organized by United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) and will be held during Jan 13 - 15, 2018 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Charleston - Historic District, Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 15 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Course Description :
This course has been revised to emphasize the procedural aspects of ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsies and to compare the appearance of samples in cellular and core histologic formats to optimize ancillary studies and rapid diagnoses. Additional organ systems have been included, primarily bone and soft tissue.
Molecular diagnostics are explored as basic science and as applications to diagnostic interpretations of cellular and tissue samples.
Challenge areas in diagnostic cytopathology are given particular attention - pancreas, liver, lung and kidney pathology is evolving in criteria, classification and nomenclature, and renal lesions have particular genomic and immunohistochemical profiles. Bone and soft tissue will be seen with a refreshing eye that engages the inquisitive and daring.
FNA biopsy has tremendously facilitated the evolution of patient-centered care, ensuring cytopathologists their place on health care delivery teams. Empathy and communication are dynamic elements that live at the pathologist-patient interface. Cultivation of both are explored in the context of managing errors and disclosures.
Course Objectives are :
• Learn how therapeutically-useful information can be extracted from cellular samples and small biopsies utilizing cytomorphological, molecular and genetic techniques.
• Enhance communication and empathy at the pathologist-patient interface.
• Explore difficult areas of cytopathologic diagnosis in pancreas, kidney, lung, bone and soft tissue.
• Become comfortable with molecular diagnostics applied to needle biopsies.
• Understand the role of FNA biopsy in the evolution of empathetic patient-centered care.
• Develop methods of practice improvement and quality improvement.
• Discover that cytopathology is a community of diagnosticians dedicated to improvement of patient outcomes through specialized expertise.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||(706) 733-7550,
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Non-Member Practicing Pathologist - Conference Fee||13 Jan,2018||USD 1459.00|
|Member Practicing Pathologist - Conference Fee||13 Jan,2018||USD 1099.00|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Non-Member Practicing Pathologist - Early Fee||01 Nov,2017||USD 1199.00|
|Member Practicing Pathologist - Early Fee||01 Nov,2017||USD 899.00|
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Charleston - Historic District
181 Church St
Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Charleston - Historic District,
181 Church St,
Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America 29401,