Topics in Geriatrics and Sports Medicine is organized by Continuing Education, Inc and will be held from Jul 07 - 14, 2018 at 7-Night Greek Isles Cruise Conference Round-trip Venice, Venice, Veneto, Italy.
The target audience for this medical event is Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
• New recommendations for concussion evaluation and treatment
• Describe current recommendations regarding concussion management
• Determine and develop appropriate return to play guidelines
• Sudden cardiac death: Recognizing cardiac conditions in the young athlete
• Recognize ECG changes associated with sudden cardiac death
• Recognize and identify athletes at high risk for sudden cardiac death
• Running injuries of the lower extremity
• Discuss risks factors, signs and symptoms associated with running injuries of the lower extremity
• Implement appropriate treatments plans for these injuries.
• Creaking Bones and Aching Muscles: Exercise prescription for the elderly
• Understand the physiologic changes with aging
• Discuss the benefits of exercising in the elderly population
• Learn the indications for EST screening in patients about to begin an exercise program
• Learn how to write an exercise prescription
• The pre-participation physical examination current guidelines and controversies
• Discuss the primary and secondary purposes of the Pre-participation Physical Examination (PPE)
• Understand the cardiovascular requirements of the PPE
• Identify causes that may prevent an athlete from clearance during the initial PPE
• Discuss current controversies surrounding the performance of the PPE in its current form
• Performance enhancing substances and supplements for use in sports
• Identify current supplements and performance-enhancing drugs currently used in sports
• Develop strategies to address the use of performance-enhancing drugs in athletes and discuss their harms
• Joint injections
• Understand indications, risks, and contraindications of joint injections.
• Recognize and understand the use of different types of medications and approaches used in joint injections
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy||06 Jul,2018||USD 895.00|
|Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners Fee||06 Jul,2018||USD 695.00|
|Nurses, Residents, Students||06 Jul,2018||USD 495.00|