Topics in Addiction Medicine, Mental Health, Obesity, and Preventive Medicine is organized by Continuing Education, Inc and will be held during Jun 07 - 19, 2018 at 12-Night British Isles and French Open Cruise Conference from Dublin, Dublin, Leinster, Ireland.
The target audience for this medical event is Primary Care Physicians, Internists, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Overview of substance use disorders (addiction) and diversion: epidemiology, etiology, diagnosis and pharmacological and pharmacokinetic properties of commonly abused substances - Part one:
• Describe the scope of the problem of substance-related disorders (substance use, abuse, diversion)
Overview of substance use disorders (addiction) and diversion: epidemiology, etiology, diagnosis and pharmacological and pharmacokinetic properties of commonly abused substances - Part two, and Consequences and Prevention of Substance Abuse and Addiction
• Distinguish the changes to diagnostic criteria between DSM-IV-TR to DSM-5 for substance-use disorders
Pharmacotherapy for Substance Use Disorders - Ethanol, Nicotine, and Opioids
• Compare and contrast the efficacy of drugs used to treat substance use disorders
Obesity and weight control including pharmacotherapy for both OTC and prescription drugs
• Compare and contrast the efficacy of drugs used for the short- and long-term treatment of obesity.
Preventative Medicine from A to Z
• Discuss state-of-the art cardiovascular and global preventative medicine principles.
Travel Medicine - Staying Well Away From Home
• Analyze a patient's requirements for prevention and treatment of travel-related health problems
Reaching New 2017 Blood Pressure Goals - A Focus on Isolated Systolic and Resistant Hypertension
• Differentiate methods to diagnose resistant hypertension and achieve update treatment goals.
Is Something FISHY Here? The FACTS About Marine Oils and Cardiovascular Disease Prevention
• Understand omega-3 fatty acids and their possible role in disease prevention.
The Bipolar Blues, Balls of Fire, and Bad Temperament - How to Bag the Diagnosis and Benefit the Patient
• Feel more confident in differentiating between unipolar and bipolar mood disorders.
The Impact of Recent Clinical Trials on Preventative Cardiology in the Office - Let's Make the Cardiologist as Lonely as the Maytag Repairman
• Appropriately apply primary and secondary cardiovascular prevention goals.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy||06 Jun,2018||USD 995.00|
|Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners Fee||06 Jun,2018||USD 750.00|
|Nurses||06 Jun,2018||USD 595.00|