The Eye, The Brain & The Auto | 8th World Research Congress on Vision and Driving is organized by Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) and will be held from Oct 07 - 09, 2018 at MotorCity Casino Hotel, Detroit, Michigan, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 17.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Course Description :
The purpose of The Eye, The Brain and the Auto is to explore medical, technical and policy aspects of autonomous vehicles and their relationship to the medical world. To achieve this the Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology (DIO) will bring 30-35 of the world’s leading authorities together for three days in October. They will address the role which the disruptive technology enabling vehicle autonomy will ultimately play in health care. In addition to facilitating access to health care appointments, this technology will allow sensors within the vehicle to capture many diverse data streams of significance in wellness and health care.
Vision and cognition will continue to play major roles in the journey from no driver assist technology to full autonomy. Thus, medical research leaders, can contribute to, and benefit from, involvement in the unfolding of this technology. Just as the automotive leaders in artificial intelligence, human machine interface, and autonomous technology will have much to offer us in medicine.
Tha target audience for this medical event is AI/Machine Learning Experts, Automotive Designers (Interior and Exterior), Automated, Connected, Electric & Shared (ACES) Companies, Blind Community, Cognitive Sciences Researchers, Design Thinking Experts, Electrical & Electronic Engineers, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Geriatric Physicians and Clinicians, Immersive Virtual and Augmented Reality Developers, Interested Public, Journalists, Mobility Experts, Neurologists, Ophthalmologists, Press, Social Psychologists, Systems Engineers, Trauma Surgeons, User Experience Designers, Visual Sciences Researchers, Visual Physiologists, Venture Capitalists.
At the end of the three-day world congress attendees will:
• Appreciate the potential that big data management and the disruptive IT technology developing in the transportation industry may play in health care and wellness
• Understand the role that user’s vision and cognition will play in a journey from no driver assist technology to full autonomy—i.e. level zero to level five
• Better understand how the medical field can contribute to and benefit from the development of autonomous vehicles and the technology for their safe universal acceptance
• Have a clear understanding of the progress being made in autonomous vehicle development and the potential role this disruptive technology might have in human medicine
• Have reviewed progress in the field of human-machine interface in automotive transportation and the roles that vision and cognition will play in this rapidly unfolding field
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|3-Day General Rate||06 Oct,2018||USD 600.00|
|3-Day HFHS Physicians||06 Oct,2018||USD 300.00|
|3-Day Non-HFHS RNs/Residents/Fellows/Technicians||06 Oct,2018||USD 200.00|
|3-Day HFHS RNs/Residents/Fellows/Technicians||06 Oct,2018||USD 150.00|
|2-Day General Rate||06 Oct,2018||USD 400.00|
|2-Day HFHS Physicians||06 Oct,2018||USD 200.00|
|Non-HFHS RNs/Resident/Fellow/Technician||06 Oct,2018||USD 150.00|
|2-Day HFHS RNs/Residents/Medical Students/Technicians||06 Oct,2018||USD 100.00|
|1-Day General Rate||06 Oct,2018||USD 200.00|
|1-Day HFHS Physicians||06 Oct,2018||USD 100.00|
|Non-HFHS RNs/Resident/Fellow/Technician||06 Oct,2018||USD 75.00|
|1-Day RNs/Residents/Medical Students/Technicians||06 Oct,2018||USD 75.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news