The 34th ASCBS Annual Workshop
The 34th ASCBS Annual Workshop is organized by American Society of Cosmetic Breast Surgery (ASCBS) and will be held during Apr 27 - 30, 2018 at Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, Newport Beach, California, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is surgeons involved in the care of patients with cosmetic breast surgery. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 24.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Course Description :
Many of our patients who are greatly improved in appearance and self-esteem say that after more than ten years, their husbands are unaware that they have had cosmetic breast surgery. Results like these that look and feel normal without visible scars are now still being obtained with the implants available. This workshop is dedicated to the goal of achieving this kind of result for every patient.
The emphasis of this program is on the unchanging foundation of knowledge necessary for the judgment that is needed for the performance of the highest quality of surgery. It is the purpose of this workshop to provide instruction, training, and a forum for the free interchange of ideas to improve our knowledge of cosmetic breast surgery.
The fundamentals of anatomy, physiology, pathology, and management of complications are presented. The use of saline, silicone, textured and smooth breast implants, including for reconstruction after mastectomy and the avoidance of problems with these implants, will be discussed and openly debated.
The basic seminar consists of lectures, demonstrations, panel discussions, and videos of surgical procedures covering all approaches to breast implant surgery and the management of complications. There is cadaver dissection demonstration and observation of live surgery with opportunity for study of anatomy, from lectures and dissection taught and supervised by a university anatomist as well as the most experienced surgeons. Problem questions and participation in discussion are welcome. Several surgeries of various types are planned at the end of the seminar, with different surgeons performing the surgeries.
Educational Objectives :
After completing this activity, the participant shouls be better able to:
• Discuss optimal care of surgical patients
• Review best practices for performing safe surgeries
• Discuss options for achieving optimal surgical results.
Topics of Discussion :
• Cohesive Gel, Saline and Textured Implants
• Axillary, Areola, Inframammary, and Umbilical Approaches
• Preoperative Counseling and Informed Consents
• Postoperative Care and Complications
• Capsule Formation, Prevention, Decompression, and Capsulotomy / Capsulectomy
• Digital Photography and Imaging Techniques
• Rippling, Wrinkling, Cornering, Deflation, Infection, Rejection
• Ruptured Implants, Explantation
• Elevation of Inframammary Fold without an incision
• Nipple Creation and Reconstruction
• Reduction, Mastopexy, and Gynecomastia
• Trans-Umbilical and Axillary Techniques
• Augmentation by Fat Transplant Injection with Liposuction
• Augmentation by Fat Transplant and with Stem Cells
• Detection of Breast Cancer, Mammography, Needle Aspiration, and Biopsy
• Subpectoral, Submuscular, Subglandular, and Subfascial Approaches
• Cosmetic Permanent Makeup and Scar Camouflage
• Medicolegal Problems and Solutions
Conference Fee Details
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|