Surgical Innovative, Technology and Education Symposium (SITE) is Organized by The Ohio State University and will be held during Feb 16 - 17, 2018 at Hilton Hawaiian Village, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 15 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
New techniques and technology affect the surgeon's practice and ability to offer new standards of care, therefore it is important to have ongoing education programs with content experts. Minimally invasive surgery is a rapidly evolving field and new technology allows for newer, less invasive operations but with ever-changing techniques, indications, patient selection and complications. Current advances in complex general surgery enable surgeons to offer improved quality of care, specifically, as it relates to endoscopy, hernia repair, colorectal surgery, bariatric surgery and healthcare administration. Surgeons are finding that the ever-changing economy is effecting the way they practice, teach and work. It is important for surgeons to understand these changes and how it will affect the care provided to their patients.
Lecture and discussion will provide attendees the ongoing education related to these topics to stay up-to-date on the latest treatment options and widen the variety of the types of procedures they can offer competently to their patients. Course participants will be expected to complete a comprehensive evaluation on utilization and impact of key concepts presented in the course to help measure change in competence and performance involving the advances in Minimally Invasive Surgery.
• To explain and identify advances and outcomes in the management of complex hernias. Potential Outcomes by participants: Ability to list the current techniques for inguinal hernia repair, describe open, laparoscopic, and robotic techniques for repair of ventral and incisional hernias and describe surgical options using new anatomic dissections of abdominal wall myofascial planes and botox relaxation for abdominal wall relaxation for complex ventral hernias.
• To identify and review current techniques in minimally invasive techniques in colorectal surgery. Potential Outcomes by participants: Ability to review and explain the principles of laparoscopic colon resection and colectomy for benign and malignant disease and describe the available minimally invasive surgical options for treatment of inflammatory bowel disease and the latest indications and techniques in trans-anal surgery.
• To describe new techniques in bariatric surgery and review techniques and outcomes for revisional bariatric operations. Potential Outcomes by participants: Ability to discuss new techniques such as balloons and other new endoluminal devices and non-invasive operations which can be offered for primary and revisional bariatric surgery. This will help attendees understand the new techniques available, indications and potential outcomes, and help predict future trends.
• To identify and review updates on healthcare quality and management. Potential Outcomes by participants: Ability to describe how surgical care may be affected by the Affordable Care Act and potential new healthcare legislation, as well as, describe and discuss the impact of quality indicators such as patient satisfaction and complications have on reimbursement
• To assess and review enhanced recovery pathways and future directions in general surgery.Potential Outcomes by participants: Ability to recognize the science and evidence supporting best practices in Enhanced Recovery to optimize their patient outcomes, develop a functional knowledge of core ERAS elements and summarize the challenges facing the adoption of ERAS programs. Participants should also be able to discuss future directions minimally invasive surgical treatment options.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||(614) 293-3576,
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physician||15 Feb,2018||USD 225.00|
|RN/Allied Health Professional Fee||15 Feb,2018||USD 125.00|
|Resident/Fellow Fee||15 Feb,2018||USD 50.00|