Periodontal Surgery Workshop: Pocket Reduction and Crown Lengthening is organized by UCLA School of Dentistry and will be held on Jul 28, 2018 at UCLA School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, California, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Dentists. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 9 CDE Credits.
Periodontal flap surgery combined with osseous recontouring is a predictable technique to treat patients with moderate periodontitis and those who need elongation of clinical crowns to enhance restorative dentistry in non-esthetic areas. The surgical management of soft tissues and bone is also essential for those who intend to become involved with implant surgery. This hands-on workshop uses pig jaw models where participants will be able to practice full and split thickness flap preparation, respective osseous surgery and suturing.
Learning Objectives are :
• Rationale for periodontal treatment
• Indications and techniques for periodontal surgery
• Flap design and preparation
• Osseous resective surgery
• Suturing techniques
• Clinical crown lengthening: indications and surgical technique
• Anesthesia, pain management, and post-op care
Workshop Exercises :
(exercises will be performed on pig jaws) You will need to bring some instruments and supplies.
• Full thickness flap preparation
• Distal wedge
• Osseous recontouring
• Continuous sling sutures
• Split-thickness flap preparation
• Osseous reduction for elongation of clinical crown
• Periosteal sutures
Registrations 30 days prior to course start dates are eligible for a 10% early registration discount (unless otherwise noted).
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.