Periodontal and Implant Decision Making: from Treating the Ailing Tooth to the Failing Implant Course 2018
Periodontal and Implant Decision Making: from Treating the Ailing Tooth to the Failing Implant Course is organized by Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of University of Southern California (USC) and will be held on Jun 01, 2018 at Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, Los Angeles, California, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 7 Continuing Education Credits.
Conference Description :
Understanding implant treatment planning requires both a restorative and surgical perspective. Surgically, implants are an obvious choice for edentulous areas yet challenges arise when encountering the replacement of questionable teeth with implants. Periodontal literature gives great insight when maintaining the dentition is possible yet there are situations where the decision to replace teeth with implants is not as clear. The aim of the course is to explore the multiple facets of implant dentistry in order to achieve a broad perspective valuable to implant treatment planning. Topics will include origins and science behind osseointegration, a basic review of surgical procedures typically used for augmentation and implant site preparation, implant success and failure, an understanding of periodontal prognosis of teeth in relation to implant prognosis, and surgical treatment planning of implants. The goal is to combine a broad understanding of the current science behind implants and teeth in order to develop a more concise treatment plan that helps navigate the difficult question of replacing teeth with implants.
Conference Topics :
• Periodontal Diseases and their potential impact on Implant Prognosis.
• Tooth Prognosis versus Implant Prognosis.
• Implants as Foreign Bodies.
• Peri-implant disease.
• Peri-implantitis in comparison to periodontitis lesions.
• Prognostic evaluation of teeth in treatment planning implants.
Conference Objectives are :
• Basic principles of osseointegration.
• Basic principles of implant site preparation and augmentation.
• The various theories behind peri-implant disease.
• Differences between treatment planning implants for sites with teeth an those without.
• How to assign a concise prognosis for involved teeth.
• How to select teeth for strategic extraction.
• The indications and contraindications for placing dental implants for those who are periodontally compromised.
• Generally accepted modalities for treatment of peri-implantitis.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Dentist - Fee||31 May,2018||USD 315.00|
|Auxiliary - Fee||31 May,2018||USD 250.00|