Mitochondrial Medicine 2018 conference is organized by United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation (UMDF) and will be held during Jun 27 - 30, 2018 at Sheraton Music City Hotel, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Neurologists, Geneticists, Researchers/Scientists, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Nephrologists, Cardiologists, Endocrinologists, Genetic Counselors, Advanced Practice Nurses, Physicians Assistants, RNs, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology, Nutritional Therapy, and Residents/Fellows/Students. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 19.75 AMA PRA Category I Credits.
The UMDF mission is to promote research and education for the diagnosis, treatment and cure of mitochondrial disorders and to provide support to affected individuals and families.
• Learn about newly characterized mitochondrial enzymes.
• Become familiar with new insights into mitochondrial redox biochemistry and how this may be applied to developing new therapies for mitochondrial diseases.
• Learn how mitochondrial dysfunction affects the metabolic profile.
• Discover how imagining mass spectrometry can be used to understand mitochondrial function.
• Summarize how drugs can be developed that target them to the mitochondria.
• Describe the efforts of drug repurposing and how old medications may result in mitochondrial therapeutics.
• List the new developments in clinical trials in mitochondrial disease and distinguish the differences in their mechanisms of action.
• Demonstrate how the mitochondria can serve as an undesired target of pharmaceuticals and environmental exposures.
Scientific/Clinical Program: June 27-30, 2018
Patient/Family and LHON Program: June 28-30, 2018
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||USD $925.00|
|Early Fee||:||USD $825.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||May 31, 2018|