Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice: Update on Inpatient and Outpatient Infectious Diseases 2018
Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice: Update on Inpatient and Outpatient Infectious Diseasesis organized by The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Office of Continuing Medical Education and will be held during Feb 18 - 23, 2018 at Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa, Kauai, Hawaii, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is meet the needs of a variety of clinicians, including primary care physicians, family physicians, general practitioners, hospitalists, internists, nurse practitioners, pediatricians, clinical pharmacists, and other health professionals who are involved with infectious diseases in the inpatient or outpatient settings. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 20.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Conference Overview :
Presented by the Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, at the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, this course reviews clinically relevant topics in infectious diseases which are chosen because they are of interest to the practicing clinician or because there have been significant recent advances in diagnosis or treatment.
Conference Objectives :
Upon completion of the activity an attendee will be able to:
• Apply knowledge and principles to diagnose, manage, and treat common infections encountered in clinical practice such as skin and soft tissue infections, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, gastrointestinal infections, endocarditis, staphylococcal infections, nosocomial infections, sexually transmitted infections, and infections of the central nervous system;
• Identify and manage less common infections such as Lyme disease, infections in immunocompromised patients, and infections associated with travel;
• Incorporate into his or her practice the use of antimicrobial agents including an understanding of their efficacy and appropriate usage for prevention and treatment of bacterial, viral, and fungal infections;
• Recognize and treat the more common dermatologic manifestations of infectious diseases.
• Apply the basic principles of antimicrobial stewardship to everyday clinical practice in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicians Conference Fee||17 Feb,2018||USD 885.00|
|Allied Health Professionals, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists/Residents/Fellows/Interns||17 Feb,2018||USD 725.00|