Healing, Mindfulness & Compassion Retreat Weekend is organized by American Balint Society (ABS) and will be held during Mar 23 - 25, 2018 at Ratna Ling Retreat Center, Cazadero, California, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is post-graduate level training is designed for medical educators and practicing clinicians who teach or seek to develop the clinician-patient relationship. Those meant to attend include physicians, psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers and mental health professionals. Particularly targeted to those who are currently leading or hope to lead Balint groups, it is also appropriate for residents, fellows, and community clinicians wanting to learn more about Balint work. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 9 CE credits.
Program Learning Objectives:
• Increase ability to identify complex factors in the provider-patient relationship
• Demonstrate greater understanding and flexibility in thoughts and feelings the connect the provider and the patient
• Demonstrate an ability to use increased understanding of the provider-patient relationship in order to be more effective and therapeutic with patients.
• Demonstrate an ability to address problematic provider patient encounters
• Demonstrate increased awareness of the impact of provider reflection and self-care on clinical practice
• Understand how mind-body practices and compassion apply to and can be effectively used in clinical practice
• Understand the scientific data that compassion benefits both providers and patients
• Explain how compassion fatigue is a factor in burnout
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Non-members - Early Fee||31 Jan,2018||USD 750.00|
|Non-members - Late / Onsite Fee||23 Mar,2018||USD 800.00|
|ABS members - Early Fee||31 Jan,2018||USD 700.00|
|ABS members - Late / Onsite Fee||23 Mar,2018||USD 750.00|
|Non-Member Resident/Student - Fee||23 Mar,2018||USD 600.00|
|ABS Member, Resident/Student - Fee||23 Mar,2018||USD 600.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news