Forefoot Cadaver Surgical Skills Course is organized by The Podiatry Institute, Inc. and will be held during Mar 01 - 04, 2018 at The Podiatry Institute, Decatur, Georgia, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 28.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
The Technical Training Courses have an emphasis on cadaver surgery. During the first day surgical cases are observed and an in-depth hands-on internal fixation lab is taught using bone models. Procedures range from 5th digit arthroplasties to complex rearfoot fusions. Each participant receives the use of power equipment and internal fixation. The instruction during the labs is available on both a group and individual level. Additional time is provided to allow for exploratory dissection, or additional practice of previous procedures. Throughout the course, surgical topics are discussed and participants are encouraged to bring individual cases to discuss with the faculty.
Conference Objectives are :
• To increase the attendees comfort with performing common podiatric forefoot and basic rearfoot surgical procedures through live surgical observation and hands on participation with cadaver limbs.
• Identify weaknesses in attendees surgical technique and improve those skills through hands on participation with cadaver limbs and other manual skills labs.
• Learn multiple, alternative options for fixation of osteotomies and/or fractures
• Expose the surgeon to new surgical techniques and latest trends to increase the attendees armamentarium of surgical procedures and techniques
• Establish understanding of pre-op indications and criteria for surgical procedures to improve selection of the appropriate procedure
• Decrease potential of post-op complications by increasing attendees understanding of proper surgical technique and choice of fixation
• Refresh knowledge on hospital protocol for inpatient and ER patients through participation in hospital rounds
• Improve practice management skills by group discussions
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.