Crossing New Borders in Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) : Thoughts and Demands - From Mechanisms to Treatment is organized by Falk Foundation e. V. and will be held during Apr 20 - 21, 2018 at Estoril Congress Center, Estoril, Lisboa, Portugal.
This Conference aims to critically discuss established and emerging new concepts in the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of IBD. What we have:
• “Omics” science in IBD with emphasis in Host-microbiom interaction.
• Revealing therapeutic targets for IBD treatment from cytokines, T-cells trafficking and fibrogenesis.
• Metrics in IBD, how to evaluate damage and severity.
• How to shape the old drugs.
• Integrating the old, the new and the future in algorithms.
Special emphasis will be directed to the multidisciplinary management of complex IBD patients, namely intra-abdominal abscess, stenosis of small and large bowel in CD, anal disease, and treatment of extra intestinal manifestations. We also have a multidisciplinary session to adress microscopic colitis as an inflammatory disease or only drugs induced disease entity.
The program was designed to provide opportunities for ample discussion and interaction with speakers, moderators and attendees.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.