Contemporary Approach to Diagnosis, Treatment Planning and Therapy in Periodontics 2018
Contemporary Approach to Diagnosis, Treatment Planning and Therapy in Periodontics is organized by Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of University of Southern California (USC) and will be held on Nov 16, 2018 at Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, Los Angeles, California, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 7 Continuing Education Credits.
Conference Description :
Periodontal disease is a chronically destructive condition affecting many patients. The primary bacterial etiology with several possible local and systemic risk factors account for a rather complex disease entity. It is crucial for clinicians to include periodontal considerations in their treatment planning and in the active phase of therapy.
This course is designed to provide clinicians with the most current knowledge on fundamental issues in periodontics. Participants will learn how to diagnose periodontal disease and related conditions and to assess teeth prognosis. The course will also explore several periodontal treatment modalities and their relation to restorative and reconstructive aspects of treatment. State-of-the-art reviews and position statements by the American Academy of Periodontology (AAP) will be included.
The information presented in this course will be clinically-relevant to help participants provide optimal comprehensive care for their patients.
Conference Topics :
• Performing a comprehensive periodontal examination.
• How to determine differential diagnoses: periodontal, endodontic and combined lesions.
• How to determine prognosis.
• Systemic and localized antibiotic regimens: when is each one indicated?
• The relationship between occlusion and periodontal disease.
• The furcation dilemma: What are the treatment options?
• Bacterial etiology of periodontitis.
• Secondary etiologies and risk factors.
• Classification of periodontal diseases and conditions (AAP).
• Periodontal disease and the link with systemic diseases.
• Surgical vs. non-surgical treatments: when are they indicated?
• How to diagnose common gingival lesions.
• What is appropriate periodontal maintenance.
• When to refer to a specialist (AAP).
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.