Cardiac Care: ECG Interpretation Made Easy is organized by Ausmed Education Pty Ltd and will be held during Feb 15 - 16, 2018 at Ibis Brisbane, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
The target audience for this medical event is Cardiologists. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 11 CPD Hours.
Course Description :
This seminar will bring you up-to-date and refresh your knowledge of this key component of a cardiac assessment. Includes:
• How do you prepare a patient for a 12-lead ECG?
• What is the correct lead placement and why does this matter?
• A review of relevant anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology, key to cardiac function
• Basic interpretation of a standard 12-lead ECG
• How do you recognise ECG changes that suggest acute cardiac injury?
• What do life-threatening arrhythmias look like and what actions should you take?
ECGs are a vital aspect of a cardiac assessment and are expected to be widely performed in most clinical settings. However, this skill is often seen as difficult to master. Correctly placing the leads is vital to ensuring a high quality diagnostic standard 12-lead ECG is taken. Nurses also need to have basic knowledge of how to interpret a 12-lead ECG, particularly the recognition of ECG changes that may indicate acute cardiac injury or life-threatening arrhythmias that are likely to require immediate interventions.
The purpose of this seminar is to provide all nurses with an opportunity to learn how to perform and interpret a high quality diagnostic standard 12-lead ECG as part of an overall cardiac assessment.
Conference Objectives :
• Apply an understanding of normal cardiac function and electrophysiology to a cardiac assessment
• Discuss nursing actions required relating to patient preparation and recording of a diagnostic standard 12-lead ECG
• Apply basic principles of cardiac rhythm analysis to a rhythm strip and correctly identify normal and abnormal cardiac rhythms
• Be able to recognise life-threatening arrhythmias and acute ECG changes and initiate timely nursing management actions
|Contact No.||:||(03) 9326 8101|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Conference Fee||14 Feb,2018||USD 520.00|
|Single Day Registration Fee||14 Feb,2018||USD 398.00|