Abdominal Ultrasound Course is organized by Advanced Health Education Center (AHEC) and will be held during Jun 11 - 15, 2018 at Advanced Health Education Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Physicians who are at the entry level of ultrasound scanning and interpretation. Sonographers or other health professionals learning abdominal ultrasound or cross training. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 40 hours AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Conference Description :
The art and science of abdominal ultrasound require a complete and thorough understanding of the knowledge and clinical skills needed to perform these important clinical procedures. This dynamic training course uses an integrated approach of lecture, demonstrations, and hands-on scanning experience with models to accomplish those training goals in a comprehensive five day program.
Our training model for skills classes follows a systematic approach of presenting a concise review of ultrasound physics and instrumentation followed by a sequential introduction of the abdominal systems with anatomy and vasculature. Case studies and ultrasound images are used to demonstrate the correlation of ultrasound appearance of normal versus abnormal tissues. The afternoon hands on scanning labs reinforce the knowledge acquired in the lecture setting with the necessary clinical skills to acquire and maximize a diagnostic image. By the conclusion of the training course participants have acquired the knowledge and skill required to a complete upper abdomen and small parts protocol. A variety of ultrasound equipment is available in the scan lab.
Conference Topics :
• Ultrasound Physics and Instrumentation.
• Upper Abdominal Organ Systems Anatomy and Vasculature.
• Evaluation and Image Review of Normal vs. Abnormal Studies.
• Scan Techniques and Protocols for Image Acquisition of :
○ Prevertebral Vessels.
○ Liver and Biliary System.
○ Pancreas and Spleen.
○ Kidney and Retroperitoneum.
Conference Objectives are :
• Utilize the principles of instrumentation to set up ultrasound equipment for scanning.
• Recognize and identify the organ systems of the abdomen on an ultrasound image.
• Perform basic ultrasound procedures on the abdomen patient.
• Understand and identify pathological variants and their influence in the ultrasound procedure.
• Follow the sequence of an abdominal ultrasound procedure from the beginning to its conclusion.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Conference - Early Fee||27 May,2018||USD 2553.00|
|Conference - Regular Fee||10 Jun,2018||USD 2578.00|