Advanced Health Education Center (AHEC) Abdominal Ultrasound Course is organized by Advanced Health Education Center (AHEC) and will be held during Jun 11 - 15, 2018 at Advanced Health Education Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Physicians who are at the entry level of ultrasound scanning and interpretation. Sonographers or other health professionals learning abdominal ultrasound or cross training. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 40 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Conference Objectives are :
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
• Utilize the principles of instrumentation to set up ultrasound equipment for scanning.
• Recognize and identify the organ systems of the abdomen on an ultrasound image.
• Perform basic ultrasound procedures on the abdomen patient.
• Understand and identify pathological variants and their influence in the ultrasound procedure.
• Follow the sequence of an abdominal ultrasound procedure from the beginning to its conclusion.
Course Topics are:
• Ultrasound Physics and Instrumentation
• Upper Abdominal Organ Systems Anatomy and Vasculature
• Evaluation and Image Review of Normal vs. Abnormal Studies
• Scan Techniques and Protocols for Image Acquisition of:
• Prevertebral Vessels
○ Liver and Biliary System
○ Pancreas and Spleen
○ Kidney and Retroperitoneum
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.