2018 Striking Out Stroke Symposium by University of Virginia
In-Person EventOct 06, 2018South Boston, Virginia, USA
2018 Striking Out Stroke Symposium is organized by University of Virginia (UVA) and will be held on Oct 06, 2018 at Southern Virginia Higher Education Center, South Boston, Virginia, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is healthcare providers including neurologists, primary care providers (IM,FM),NP, PA, RN, Pharm.D., and PT. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
This symposium will cover updates, perspectives, and paradigm shifts on the management of stroke and will elaborate on the newest guidelines and innovations on new technological advances that improve treatment of stroke in the young. Leading investigators will share critical updates on prevention strategies for strong outreach services, provide healthcare providers the opportunity to update their clinical practice, and learn more effective ways to diagnose and treat patients with stroke.
At the conclusion of this conference, attendees should be able to:
• Understand and apply current practice guidelines for primary and secondary prevention strategy for stroke and transient ischemic attack (TIA) patients
• Utilize all basic acute stroke care protocols to improve patient’s outcome
• Evaluate treatment eligibility for all acute stroke patients for potential acute IV thrombolytic AND for endovascular therapy
• Master new data on demographics, epidemiology, and etiology of stroke in the younger patient
• Appreciate the unique emotional, social, economic and physical challenges in the younger stroke patient
• Discover evidence-based data on ED based tele-stroke, and telemobile EMS for improving outcomes
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.