In-Person EventNov 18, 2017Santa Monica, California, USA
5th Annual UCLA Diabetes Symposium is organized by UCLA Health System and would be held on Nov 18, 2017 at Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel, Santa Monica, California, United States Of America.
The target audience for this medical event for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, certified diabetes educators, nurse educators, dietitians, pharmacists, and other healthcare practitioners whose practice includes care of patients with diabetes. This CME Conference has been approved with a maximum of 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Diabetes poses a major healthcare challenge as the prevalence is rising and providers of all types are increasingly required to address control and the treatment of diabetes-related complications. Therapies for diabetes are broadening and newer technologies offer promise, but must also be used with care. The UCLA Annual Diabetes Symposium is a one-day CME program offering providers of varying backgrounds a chance to review optimal state-of-the-art patient care. Experts in the field and its associated complications will review current best practices, including updates in technology, new medications, treatment in the older populations and obesity and cardiovascular disease management.
Course Objectives :
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Manage patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus
• Outline treatment goals and recommended regimens in older populations
• Council patients on cardiovascular disease prevention in diabetes
• Prescribe surgical and medical treatments for obesity
• Utilize the latest technology tools to assist in the management of diabetes
• Prescribe the care of erectile dysfunction in patients with diabetes
• Outline the latest research and approved treatments in closed loop insulin therapy
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.