23rd Annual Pennsylvania Immunization Conference : Spread the Word – Vaccines Prevent Disease
The target audience for this medical event for Pediatricians, Family Physicians, Health Educators, Nurses, Medical Students, Practice Managers, Residents, Physicians Assistants, Nurse Practitioners. This CME Conference has been approved with a maximum of 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Conference Objectives are :
• Describe current ACIP immunization recommendations in local clinics, and practices to maximize protection against vaccine preventable diseases throughout Pennsylvania.
• Explain the physiologic and psychosocial changes among persons who have been diagnosed with pertussis.
• Review the revised Pennsylvania school immunization laws; discuss the role of health-care practitioners and school districts to administer immunizations, and the status of religious and philosophical exemptions.
• Utilize an ethics framework to analyze mandatory immunization, its clinical efficacy, and to establish its validity as a matter of social responsibility and not simply personal preference.
• Describe how the Adult Preventive Care: Immunization and Colon and Rectal Cancer Screening Project, through a residency program and a community center collaborative, has led to an increase in adult immunization coverage levels.
• Utilize the Pennsylvania Vaccines for Children program storage and handling requirements, and feature best practices demonstrated at various health care settings.
• Discuss the responsibility to protect patients against HPV and other vaccine preventable diseases by ensuring health-care providers have up-to-date immunizations in practice.
• Implement evidence-based strategies to prepare practice settings for pertussis outbreaks. Describe the physiologic and psychosocial life-altering changes among persons who have been diagnosed with hepatitis.
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine