Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider (PALS) Two-day Provider Course is organized by Baptist Health South Florida . This Onsite medical conference will be held from Jan 01, 2016 - Dec 30, 2020, at Baptist Clinical Learning Center, Miami, Florida, United States of America.
The AHA developed the PALS Provider Course for "currently active" healthcare providers (e.g., medical, nursing, emergency medical or allied health personnel) whose daily occupation or volunteer activities demand proficiency in the knowledge and skills of PALS. A current provider card is required for the renewal course.
• 14.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
• 14.00 Nurse Practitioners
• 14.00 General certificate of attendance
The Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Two-day course is for physicians who have never taken the course or whose PALS completion card has expired, and includes 14 hours of class time. Baptist Health is an authorized American Heart Association (AHA), provider.
This course is designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the resuscitation of a child, whether in or out of the hospital. Participants will enhance their skills in the treatment of arrest and peri-arrest pediatric patients through active participation in a series of simulated cardiopulmonary cases.
• Identification and treatment of medical conditions that place the child at risk for cardiac arrest.
• The systematic approach to pediatric assessment, including general, primary, secondary and tertiary assessments.
• The assess-categorize-decide-act approach to assessment and management of the seriously ill child.
PALS algorithms and flowcharts.
• Effective resuscitation team dynamics.
Providers who take the PALS Providers Course must be proficient in the following:
• Performing BLS CPR skills using the 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
• Demonstrating basic EKG interpretation.
• Demonstrate knowledge of pharmacological concepts and competent administration of cardiac drugs used during ACLS.
• Performing the BLS Primary Survey and the PALS Secondary Survey.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||USD $210.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news