The doctors who are interested to travel to Switzerland for business purposes like meetings, conferences, seminars, trade fairs etc. can apply for a Type-C visa which provides a short-term stay up to 3 months. It would usually take between 6–8 weeks to complete all the procedures and to issue a Visa which is valid for 3 months.
Some of the major requirements of the visa are
- Visa applications must be lodged at least 15 calendar days before the intended visit.
- Duly completed and signed “Common Schengen Application Form”.
- You need an invitation from the company or person who is arranging the conference.
- Passport, which must be valid for a period of at least 3 months after the applicant’s last day of stay in the Schengen states.
- Two recent passport sized photographs in color
- Proof of sufficient funds for duration of stay, (Bank statement of the past three months)
- An official document showing the person’s identity and/or citizenship (e.g. driver’s license).
- The travel health insurance policy is to be secured, covering any medical emergency with hospital care and travel back to one’s native country due to medical motives.
For more information, please follow the links provided below
|Need to Apply||Yes||Yes|
|How to apply||In person||In person|
|Passport||6months validity||6months validity|
|Host Bank Statement||Yes|