The doctors who want to attend the seminar or conferences in Austria should apply for Schengen travel visa which should not be exceeding 90 days and your country should not be participating in the Visa Waiver Program.
- One must make sure that they should not apply for a residence permit to go to Austria before filing for a visa application. An important note: The Austrian Embassy or the Consulate General will accept only the complete visa applications, incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The consular fee has to be paid at the time of the submission of your application and this amount is non-refundable. Fee can be paid in cash, postal money order or cashier’s check. Credit cards or debit cards are not accepted.
- According to the Visakodex, the application process may take up to fifteen calendar days and prior to these inquiries about the status will not be answered earlier.
ALL visa applicants must appear in person at the Austrian Embassy/Consulate. The Austrian Embassy and Consulates General do not accept visa applications by mail.
The following are the documents to be submitted at the time of visa application:
- Visa A and C application form completed and signed.
- Visa D application form which is completed and signed.
- Two recent passport pictures following strictly the following criteria: Max. head size 1.4 inch (36 mm), min. eye distance 0.3 inch (8mm).
- Travel itinerary or airline reservation showing the complete dates of travel for the entire journey.
|Need to Apply||Yes||Yes|
|How to apply||In person||In person|
|Passport||6months validity||6months validity|
|Photocopies of the passport||Copy of the photo page of international passport|