Pennsylvania Coalition of Nurse Practitioners (PCNP)
PCNP is the state organization that promotes and protects the practice of over 8,700 Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners (CRNPs) in Pennsylvania. Formed in the 1980's by only 3 forward thinking NPs, PCNP now has 18 regional groups across the Commonwealth! Each regional group offers networking opportunities and has a representative on the PCNP Executive Board that meets quarterly to discuss issues and set organizational goals. Member dues are used to support our central office, executive staff and maintain a Government Relations Specialist who represents us in Harrisburg.
• To advance, support and promote the role of nurse practitioners
• To improve communications between nurse practitioners, other health care professionals, health care organizations and the community
• To promote the practice of nursing practitioners through legislative and regulatory processes
• To provide continuing education programs for nurse practitioners
• To advocate for affordable, accessible quality health care