At a time of progressive growth in Macon’s history when hospitalization was still a relatively new concept nationwide, a group of concerned citizens championed the establishment of a community healthcare facility to treat area residents in need of quality medical care. On March 27, 1895, The Macon Hospital, now known as Navicent Health (Navicent Health), officially opened at 820 Pine St., offering accommodations for four private and sixteen ward patients.
What began as a two-story, eight-room brick residence constructed in the mid-1840s soon grew to include operating rooms and wards located in outbuildings on the property behind the main structure.
The mission of the Health Resource Center is to provide current medical information for the Central Georgia Community. Available materials include books, journals, anatomical models, databases and subscription based web and Internet resources. The Center's collections encompass a wide variety of medical information and materials for the community and medical professionals. We welcome all members in our community, children, students, patients, friends and families.