Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
Founded in 1901 as Pennsylvania’s first co-educational medical school, the Lewis Katz School of Medicine has attained a national reputation for training humanistic clinicians and biomedical scientists. The school attracts students and faculty committed to making a difference in patient care, research, education and public service - at home and across the globe.
The School of Medicine and Temple University Hospital (TUH), its chief clinical training site, provide care for patients from throughout the region seeking advanced tertiary- and quaternary-level care. In addition, TUH serves one of the most vulnerable populations in the nation, providing more free and under-reimbursed care than any other hospital in Pennsylvania.
Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University is dedicated to excellence in education, research and patient care, achieved by faculty, staff and learners who represent and serve our diverse society.
The School provides:
• Education that is patient-centered, instilling in learners the School’s ethic of human service and lifelong learning
• Research that advances and integrates basic and clinical science
• Patient care that is administered with compassion and understanding, utilizing contemporary knowledge and techniques