Wound Care Course is organized by Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc.
Expiration Date: June 30, 2022
Contact Hours: 10
Wound Care CEU. 10-contact-hour continuing education course for nurses and other healthcare practitioners on wound assessment, treatment, and management for patients with acute and chronic wounds in various clinical settings. Newly updated in August 2019. Bestseller course!
Learning Outcome and Objectives:
Upon completion of this continuing education course, you will demonstrate an understanding of wound assessment and management for patients with acute and chronic wounds in various clinical settings. Specific learning objectives to address potential knowledge gaps include:
• Describe the role of the skin.
• Discuss the types of wounds and the wound healing process, including the phases of wound healing.
• List the steps in treating acute wounds.
• Explain what is included in a detailed wound assessment.
• Summarize the various wound cleansing techniques and dressing options.
• Recognize the signs and symptoms of wound infection.
• Identify impediments to wound healing.
• Discuss wound care for specific types of wounds and special populations.
• Describe advanced wound care treatment modalities.
• Review patient and caregiver wound care education.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants