Women's Health and Jewish Law Webinar Course is organized by Nishmat and will be held on Oct 28, 2019.
Northwell Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) will accept 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ as equal to 1.0 ANCC contact hour.
"Cultural competence," including adaptation of service to culturally unique needs, is a cornerstone of healthcare improvement. This fourteen session webinar will discuss a comprehensive understanding of women patients who observe Jewish Family Life Law.
• Participation in 14 sessions, 90 minutes each. Option to participate in individual classes- see application. (link to google doc- hyperlinked from “see application”)
• Professionals who do not specialize in Women’s Health are expected to review Gynecological anatomy and physiology prior to participating in the course, either through Dr. Bat-Sheva Maslow’s pre-recorded lectures, and/or Dr. Maslow’s recommended videos.
• Each session will be accompanied by suggested readings and followed by an assessment.
Upon completion of this session, participants will be able to:
• Describe overview of the real lived experiences of couples keeping Jewish Family Life laws.
• Summarize halachic (Jewish Law) texts regarding using clinical language
• Understand why couples may/may not be used to talking about anatomy, physiology
• Summarize Talmudic discussions of female reproductive anatomy and discuss different approaches toward discrepancies between Talmudic descriptions and modern medical approaches.
This Course consists of 14 weekly classes from October 28, 2019- February 24, 2020.
Fee for 14 Classes Sessions: 900
Fee for Individual Session: 49
Session 1: Introduction to a Jewish Couple’s Experience of Women’s Health and Jewish Law
Date: October 28, 2019
Psychotherapy, OBGYN and Women's Health, Psychology, Reproductive Endocrinology, Obstetrics and Gynecology
Activity Payment Details
Reviews Given by Professionals
Browse by Specialty (Online CME/CE Only) View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine