What physicians need to know about foodborne illness is organized by American Medical Association (AMA) and will be held during Dec 01, 2017 - Dec 01, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is primary care and emergency medicine physicians. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
The first video module is titled, “What Physicians Need to Know About Foodborne Illness: Suspect, Identify, Treat, and Report” and the title for the second video module is: “Talking to Patients About Food Safety.” These modules remind physicians of their important role in recognizing symptoms and reporting cases of foodborne illness to public health authorities for further investigation.
Conference Objectives are:
• Identify populations that are more susceptible to foodborne illness.
• Describe recent significant foodborne outbreaks in the U.S.
• Explain the steps taken in evaluating a patient with the foodborne illness.
• Identify common symptoms of foodborne illness in patients.
• Explain the importance of reporting foodborne illnesses to the health dept.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Infectious Disease, Food Chemistry