Wellness Coach Training 2021
Wellness Coach Training is organized by Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development (MCSCPD) and will be held from Jul 02 - Sep 26, 2021.
Mayo Clinic Wellness Coach Training is a 12-week course that prepares students to work as Wellness Coaches within diverse settings. The training will involve online sessions utilizing the Blackboard Learn online learning platform, experiential peer-coaching sessions, conference calls, and webcasts. Successful completion of the course qualifies the learner to apply for certification through the National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching (NBHWC). Please note, registration is not complete until payment of $3,750.00 and transcripts are received. Blackboard Learn® access will be sent to confirmed registrants two weeks prior to the course start date. The online sessions are designed to be taken on a Windows or Macintosh computer.
This training is designed to be a graduate-level course, and participants must hold a minimum of a bachelor's degree. An exception may be made for applicants who have an associate's degree with a current health-related licensure (such as a nurse, respiratory therapist, or dental hygienist). Participants must mail a copy of their current licensure and provide official transcripts of their highest degree. These transcripts must be translated into English if the original is in another language. Fluency in written and spoken English is essential for success in the program and to ensure patient/client safety. Applicants must be able to demonstrate objective competency in English to participate fully in the online discussion assignments and may be required to submit results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or equivalent examination.
• Describe the phases of the Mayo Clinic 5 E's Wellness Coaching Model.
• Describe the requirements of a professional wellness coach, as outlined in the ICHWC Job Task Analysis in graded assignments and a written examination.
• Demonstrate the required skills necessary, such as motivational interviewing, reflective listening, fostering engagement and eliciting change talk, to be a professional wellness coach, as outlined in the ICHWC Job Task Analysis, in a taped Practical Skills Examination with Mayo Clinic faculty.
Session Brochure : Download Session Brochure
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine