Volumetric Imaging of the Fetal Heart Course
Volumetric Imaging of the Fetal Heart Course is organized by Institute For Advanced Medical Education (IAME)
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
These credits are accepted by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
For information on applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
Volumetric imaging of the fetal heart can be accomplished with a variety of commercially available ultrasonographic equipment. The modality is increasingly used in clinical practice, either to help solve difficult cases or to gain a different perspective on anomalies seen by conventional two-dimensional ultrasonography (2DUS). The objectives of this CME activity are:
• To review commonly used terminology for volumetric imaging of the fetal heart;
• To gain an understanding of currently available transducer technologies;
• To provide the reader with a practical approach to scanning the fetal heart using volumetric imaging;
• To review common pitfalls involved in volume dataset acquisition;
• To review methods commonly used to display volumetric images of the fetal heart;
• To provide examples of common cardiac anomalies as depicted by volumetric imaging; and
• To review studies which emphasize the applicability of this technology to clinical practice, its potential role in telemedicine, and the published data on the accuracy of volumetric imaging to diagnose congenital heart disease (CDH).
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine