Upper Extremity Complication in the Cancer Patient Course
Upper Extremity Complication in the Cancer Patient Course is organized by American Society of Hand Therapists (ASHT).
CE Credit: 1.25 continuing education hours, or 0.125 CEUs
This webinar will explore complications that are often found in the oncology patient. Breast cancer patients as well as head and neck cancer patients often deal with functional pain and impairments in the upper quadrant due to cancer or the treatment of cancer. These impairments are treatable by a therapist allowing the survivor a higher quality of life with improved function. In this webinar we will focus on the breast cancer patient and the impairments often seen in the upper quadrant following reconstructive surgery, surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. We will explore the impairments often seen in the head and neck cancer patient’s upper quadrant following surgery and radiation. We will discuss radiation in general and the complications that often follow as well as other considerations when evaluating the cancer survivor. The webinar will explore the orthopedic patient that may have a history of cancer and therapist considerations when assessing and treating this population.
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
• Identify complications in the upper extremity orthopedic patient with a history of cancer.
• Identify general complications of radiation and chemotherapy treatments and how they apply to upper extremity patients.
• Recognize the different musculoskeletal and neuromuscular upper quadrant complications that may occur in the head and neck cancer patient.
• Identify the different musculoskeletal and neuromuscular upper quadrant complications that may occur in the breast cancer patient.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
- CE Hours : 1.25
- CEUs : 0.125
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine