Understanding the Low-level Disinfection IFU – Streamlining Your Approach for High Reliability
Understanding the Low-level Disinfection IFU – Streamlining Your Approach for High Reliability is organized by Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) and will be held from Apr 17, 2019 - Dec 31, 2021. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.00 CNE Credit.
Thousands of equipment/devices exist across the health care continuum which require low level disinfection (LLD). For each equipment/device there is a unique IFU, which may include cleaning instructions, as well a description of how to then perform disinfection. In the fast paced healthcare setting, it is impossible for a healthcare worker to remember all of these instructions, and equally impossible for a healthcare system to adequately support a unique cleaning method for each piece of equipment. This webinar provides insight to the infection preventionists looking for an answer to “How can I clean all of the equipment in my institution, safely and still pass an inspection”.
• Participants will understand the IFU as it relates to cleaning and how this applies to equipment that requires low level disinfection.
• Participants will understand the science behind cleaning, why IFUs don’t always make sense.
• Participants will learn how partnering with your key stakeholders can help ensure safe and reliable cleaning practices in low level disinfection.
• Participant will understand essential components needed in a risk assessment for high reliability in low level disinfection.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
End of life careInfection Control
Infection ControlRisk Assessment
- CNE : 1
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine