Ultrasound Evaluation of Pneumothorax is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GUI) Inc and will be held during Jan 10, 2017 - Jan 10, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is Sonographers, physicians, nurse practitioners, PAs or other medical professionals performing and/or interpreting lung ultrasound in a point of care setting. Physician participants may include (but are not limited to): emergency medicine, critical care, hospitalist, primary care, and internal medicine. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
This CME Vital activity will demonstrate the role of ultrasound in diagnosing pneumothorax. The benefits and limitations of ultrasound for lung ultrasound, scan techniques, and diagnostic criteria are all discussed.
• Transducer Selection
• Scan Techniques
• Normal Ultrasound Findings:
• Sonographic appearance of normal lung vs. pneumothorax
• Lung point
Conference Objectives are :
• List the advantages and limitations of using ultrasound for the evaluation of pneumothorax.
• Select the appropriate transducer and outline protocols for evaluation of the lung.
• Differentiate normal and abnormal ultrasound characteristics of the lung.
• State the diagnostic criteria for diagnosing pneumothorax.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Radiology, Pulmonary Medicine, Thoracic Surgery