CME : 11.75
UCSF Controversies in Women’s Health is organized by Ebix | Oakstone Publishing, LLC.
Series Release: March 1, 2018
Series Expires: February 28, 2021
This activity was designed for family physicians, internists, gynecologists, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, and all others involved in providing quality health care for women. Special attention will be paid to the day-to-day controversies of office practice, emphasizing preventive medicine, diagnosis and treatment of common disorders, issues in women’s health, and current approaches to management of chronic illness.
This Course has been approved for a maximum of 11.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
UCSF Controversies in Women’s Health covers a broad range of topics - including the diagnosis and treatment of common gynecologic and medical disorders of women - to help you better:
• Handle day-to-day controversies of office practice
• Discuss and implement new guidelines for preventive medicine for women
• Diagnose and treat common disorders
• Implement current approaches to management of chronic illness.
After viewing this program, participants should be able to:
• Discuss and implement new guidelines for women for prevention and early detection of cancer with clinical exams, pap tests, genetic tests, and diagnostic imaging
• Discuss and implement new guidelines for women to prevent infectious diseases with vaccines, screening, and counseling
• Discuss and implement current guidelines for women to prevent cardiovascular diseases with treatment of hypertension, lipid disorders, and aspirin
• Diagnose and treat common and controversial problems in women's health including osteoporosis, menopause, fibromyalgia, obesity, cognitive impairment, sports injuries, and allergies
• Counsel patients about new developments in genetic testing
• Understand new treatment options for women with gynecologic cancers
• Counsel patients about treatment options in contraception
• Provide comprehensive health care for transgender patients
• Select the best diagnostic tests
• Evaluate and prescribe new medications
• Utilize optimal strategies to enhance value in medical practice
• Advocate for quality health care services for women.
OBGYN and Women's Health
SpecialtiesOBGYN and Women's Health
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine